- Cook pasta in a large amount of boiling salted water until al dente.
- In the meantime, heat butter and half of the oil in a skillet and sauté mushrooms a few at a time. Reserve.
- Heat remaining oil in the same skillet over medium heatand add the garlic and hot pepper flakes. Cook until garlic is golden and softened. Add parsley and mushrooms; cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and mascarpone and season to taste.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.
Improvise by trying various mushrooms—wild, oyster, shiitake or portobello. There's no shortage of choices!
Recipe adapted from Je cuisine italien by Stefano Faita, published by Éditions du Trécarré.