Mushroom cappuccino by Josée di Stasio
- Rehydrate porcini mushrooms in hot water for 30 minutes. Strain, reserving liquid, and then finely chop mushrooms.
- In a saucepan over low heat, cook onion and leek, covered, until soft.
- Add mini bella mushrooms and continue cooking until liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes. Incorporate porcini mushrooms.
- Add potato, season with salt and pepper, and add thyme.
- Pour in chicken broth and reserved soaking liquid. Bring to a boil and simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add 125 mL (½ cup) of cream a few minutes before serving.
- Purée soup in a blender. Add broth or water as needed.
- Keep warm. In the meantime, whisk remaining cream.
- Serve in cups or small bowls and top with whipped cream.