- Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F).
- Using a sharp knife, score the skin of the meat in a cross-hatch pattern. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In an ovenproof skillet over medium heat, cook duck breasts, skin side down, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until skin is golden. Turn meat over and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Transfer skillet to oven and continue cooking duck for about 20 minutes, or until desired doneness. Remove duck breasts from skillet and wrap with aluminum foil; let sit for 10 minutes. Drain duck fat from skillet. Add sesame oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook for 6 minutes, or until golden. Season with salt and pepper to taste; remove from skillet and reserve.
- Add beef broth, hoisin sauce, jam, garlic and ginger to the same skillet. Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer sauce for 2 minutes, or until slightly syrupy. Serve a half breast per person, along with mushrooms, sauce and rice vermicelli. Garnish with coriander leaves.
: Replace peach jam by blueberry jam, sesame oil by walnut oil, garlic and ginger by grey shallot, and coriander by fresh thyme.