Mushroom Soup with La Tomme de Monsieur Séguin Croutons
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour, mixing well. Cook stirring constantly for 1 minute. Do not allow the roux to brown. Add 60 mL (¼ cup) milk and mix well. Add the remaining milk ; bring to boil over medium heat and cook 3 or 4 minutes more or until sauce thickens. Add chives and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and onion, and sauté until cooked, about 4 minutes.
- Add wine and reduce by half. Add chicken broth and reserved béchamel sauce. Cook until soup is heated through.
- Use a hand mixer to beat soup until smooth (or until desired consistency).
- Place baguette slices topped with cheese on a baking sheet. Bake in oven about 10 minutes or until cheese begins to brown. Serve with soup.