Nagano Pork Tenderloin Stuffed with Portobello Mushrooms and Walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Use a sharp knife to slit each tenderloin lengthwise three quarters through. In a small bowl, mix together the mushrooms, nuts, parsley, bread crumbs, egg whites, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the stuffing along the centre of each tenderloin. Close meat and tie with string. Lightly coat tenderloins with flour. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown tenderloins about one minute per side and then transfer to a baking dish. Set aside. Deglaze the skillet with white wine; add all the sauce ingredients, and reduce for about 5 minutes. Brush sauce onto tenderloins; cover with foil and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of orzo and half a grilled red pepper.