No-fry fish’n’chips from Stefano Faita
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Start with the fries. Cut each potato into 6 or 8 wedges. Place in a large bowl, coat with 30 mL (2 tbsp.) olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Spread wedges out on a large, non-stick baking sheet and avoid overlapping them. Bake, turning occasionally, until fries are tender and golden brown, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- About 20 minutes before fries are ready, place 3 pie pans or shallow bowls on work surface. Place flour in first bowl, the beaten eggs in the second, and the breadcrumbs, pecans, thyme, cayenne, salt, and pepper in the third.
- Season fish with salt and pepper. Dip fish in the flour, then the egg, and finally the breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat a baking sheet in oven for 5 minutes. When it's hot, grease with 15 mL (1 tbsp.) olive oil. Place fish on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, depending on thickness, turning at the halfway point.
- Serve the fish fillets and fries with lemon wedges, malt vinegar, and a side of mashed green peas.