- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Use a knife to slice off the bottom of each apple so they can stand upright.
- Using a melon baller, scoop out the apples leaving about 1 cm (½ in.) of flesh.
- Mix together the oatmeal, yogurt, dried cranberries, walnuts, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Fill each apple with oatmeal mixture.
- Arrange stuffed apples in a shallow, glass, ovenproof dish.
- Pour apple juice into bottom of the dish and drizzle top of apples with maple syrup (or sprinkle with brown sugar).
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 40 minutes, or until apples have softened.
Replace the oatmeal with hulled barley or quinoa, or use a nice blend of all three!
Photographer: Catherine Côté
© Charron Éditeur Inc.