- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Stir together oil, garlic, pesto, and mustard in a small bowl. Reserve.
- Using a sharp bread knife, slice a grid pattern into loaf, leaving base intact (keep about 1 cm thick).
- Place loaf on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Divide grated or sliced cheese evenly among the slits in the loaf.
- Slowly pour oil blend over loaf so that it soaks in.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until cheese is fully melted.
- Place loaf in the centre of the table so guests can tear chunks off the loaf with their fingers or forks.
Pairs perfectly with mild red beer.