- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Prick sausages in several places. Bring a saucepan of water to a boil and immerse sausages in water. Cook in the boiling water for 5 minutes; alternately, cook sausages for 3 minutes in the microwave.
- Transfer sausages to an ovenproof dish and bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Cut diagonally into 2 cm (1-inch) chunks. Reserve.
- Reduce oven temperature to 180°C (350°F).
- In a large bowl, combine beer, mustard, chicken bouillon concentrate, oil, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add potatoes, turnip, carrots and shallots, and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place vegetables on a large, oiled, double thickness of aluminum foil. Fold to seal tightly, making a papillote. Bake in the oven for 50 minutes. Add sausages to package and bake for another 10 minutes, leaving foil open.
- Cook until vegetables are tender and sausages are hot. Serve with a red cabbage salad.
Variation: Replace carrots and turnip by squash and sweet potatoes.