Old-fashioned Rack of Pork
- Preheat oven to 160˚C (325˚F).
- In a bowl, combine molasses, garlic, powdered mustard, cloves and soya sauce. Add salt and pepper. Set aside 45 ml (3 tbsp.) of mixture for sauce.
- Brush pork generously with remainder of molasses mixture. Wrap bones with aluminum foil to prevent burning.
- Place pork in a shallow baking dish. Bake uncovered for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until meat is slightly pink inside. Brush pork with remainder of molasses mixture once during cooking.
- In the meantime, blend reserved molasses mixture with apple juice in a small pan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Let simmer uncovered for 15 minutes or until mixture is reduced by almost half.
- Remove rack from oven and cover with aluminum foil. Wait 15 minutes before cutting. Serve with Brussels sprouts, mashed potatoes and molasses sauce.