- Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F).
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat oil and butter over high heat. Add veal tenderloin and sear on all sides until lightly golden. Transfer skillet to the oven and cook for 25 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 66°C (150°F) and meat is lightly pinkish in the centre. In the meantime, cook sauce according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Reserve. Remove veal tenderloin from skillet and cover with aluminum foil. Heat skillet over medium-high heat and cook garlic for 1 minute, or until lightly golden. Add sauce and scrape the bottom of the skillet to remove browned bits. Add orange sections and maple syrup, and gently mix until sauce is hot.
- Slice veal tenderloin into medaillons about 1 cm (1/2 inch) thick. Spoon orange sauce over top and garnish with fresh rosemary.
- Serve with hulled barley and snow peas.
Variation: Replace roasted garlic, red wine and rosemary sauce by a commercial demi-glace sauce, adding 60 mL (1/4 cup) orange juice and 30 mL (2 tbsp.) chopped fresh rosemary.