- The peppery sauce that accompanies this dish is sure to delight lovers of fiery food. For more sensitive palates, simply reduce the amount of cayenne pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 350oF (180oC). Remove the plastic bag containing the giblets from the duck cavity and discard or keep for another use. Using a fork, pierce the duck in several places, particularly around the thighs.
- Arrange the duck breast-side down on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Roast uncovered for about 2 hours 30 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted into the inner thigh reads 180oF (82oC). Remove grease from pan during roasting as need be.
- Whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, oil, cayenne pepper and sugar in a bowl. Serve duck with sauce and Our Compliments® jasmine rice.
Note : Pricking the skin of the duck in several places before roasting results in a less fatty meat.