- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (375 °F).
- Place the feta in a Pyrex bread pan.
- Cut the bulb of garlic lengthwise in two or three pieces and place around the feta. Drizzle with oil, garnish with oregano, and generously season with ground pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the cloves are tender.
- In the meantime, cut the bread into very thin slices. Without overlapping, place the slices on a baking tray and brush with oil. Sprinkle with salt and parsley.
- Bake in the oven for 7–9 minutes or until the slices are crispy and the edges are golden. The cooking time depends on the thickness of the slices.
- Remove the feta from the oven and let sit for a few minutes. Serve hot directly from the baking tray or transfer them to a serving bowl. When serving, cut and place a slice of feta on a crostini with a bit of garlic confit.
Chef’s secret: Ask your bakery to slice your bread for you, it will save you a step! If you have an oil dispenser, you can even spray your bread slices instead of basting them.