- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Slice bread lengthwise and crosswise leaving bottom crust intact (about 1 cm from bottom).
- Cut cheese into slices without removing rind and tuck one slice into each bread slit.
- Brush loaf with melted butter and sprinkle with fleur de sel.
- Wrap in foil and bake for 15 minutes. Unwrap and bake 10 more minutes.
- Combine all crunch ingredients in small mixing bowls (one for each nut crunch).
Guests can tear off pieces of bread by hand or with a fork and dip them in one of the nut crunch mixtures.
Chef ’s secret:
You can use any of your favourite soft, bloomy rind cheeses for this recipe.
Try Riopelle de l'Isle or Le Marquis de Témiscouata, for example!
Beer and food pairings :
Perfect pairing : smooth, red beer.