- Heat 15 mL (1 tbsp.) olive oil in a skillet and sauté onion, celery, garlic, and fennel seeds for a few minutes.
- Add cauliflower and increase heat. Stir constantly for 1 minute and then add broth . Cook for 3 minutes; incorporate tomatoes and parsley. Season. Allow to simmer for about 10 more minutes until cauliflower is tender. Reserve.
- Coat cod fillets lightly in flour. Heat remaining olive oil in a skillet and cook cod about 5 to 7 minutes per side to colour nicely.
- Divide the cauliflower mixture into deep dishes and place the cod fillets on top.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and a thin stream of olive oil, to taste. Serve.
To replace cod, you can use any other firm fish, such as monkfish.
Recipe adapted from Je cuisine italien by Stefano Faita, published by Éditions du Trécarré.