- Place Brussels sprouts in a saucepan of boiling water.
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 3 minutes, or until still crunchy. Transfer to a sieve and cool under cold running water.
- Drain well and reserve. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and pancetta and cook for 2 minutes, or until pancetta is slightly browned.
- Add Brussels sprouts. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 7 minutes, or until sprouts are tender-crisp.
- Serve alongside your favourite meat dish with mashed potatoes.
Variation: Replace pancetta by prosciutto, bacon, or even sweet red peppers, for a vegetarian side dish.