Squash and Roasted Tomato Pappardelle from Ricardo
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Scatter the tomatoes on the baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tbsp of the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for about 10 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking, or until the tomatoes begin to soften. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, brown the squash on all sides in the remaining oil (2 tbsp). Season with salt and pepper. Add the onion and garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the broth. Cover and simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pappardelle for 1 minute less than the time recommended on the package. Drain.
- Add the pasta, tomatoes, Parmesan and basil to the skillet with the squash. Toss well and heat through for 1 minute. Adjust the seasoning.