- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Combine milk and breadcrumbs in a bowl and let soak for about 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine ground veal, sausage meat, 375 mL (1 1/2 cups) Parmigiano Reggiano, eggs, garlic, and basil. Add milk and breadcrumb mixture, and mix to combine with hands.
- With wet hands, shape mixture into 24 meatballs about the size of a ping-pong ball.
- Place meatballs on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove meatballs from oven and transfer to a 33 cm x 23 cm (13 in. x 9 in.) ovenproof dish. Cover with tomato sauce, and sprinkle with mozzarella and remaining Parmigiano Reggiano. Bake for another 20 minutes.
- Serve meatballs with lemon orzo and arugula salad.
Keeping your hands wet while shaping the meatballs will prevent the meat from sticking to your hands.