- Pour 625 mL (2 ½ cups) fish stock into a large saucepan, and stir in cream and shallot.
- Add pasta. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer partially covered for 6 minutes, stirring several times. If the pasta absorbs liquid too quickly, add a little fish stock.
- Add cheese, shrimp and scallop mix, green peas, capers if using, dill, lemon zest, and pepper. Stir well.
- Cook for 7 to 9 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently, until seafood is cooked, pasta is al dente, and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Chef’s secret: Depending on the brand and variety of pasta used, you may have to adjust the amount of liquid needed to cook the pasta. You should therefore watch the pasta closely as it cooks, adding fish stock a little at a time if needed.
Since fish stock is already salty, no additional salt is necessary.