Pasta carbonara with mushrooms
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling, salted water according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, fry bacon in a skillet until crispy.
- Spoon off cooking fat if you wish.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet and fry mushrooms. Set aside.
- Use a fork to mix together the eggs, cream, Parmesan, and parsley in a small bowl. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Put strained pasta into skillet with bacon.
- Remove skillet from heat and add egg mixture. Stir well until smooth and creamy.
- Divide into warmed pasta bowls. Season well with pepper.
- Top with reserved mushrooms and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Serve immediately.
- Carbonara pasta is best served as soon as it's done, so have all the ingredients on hand before starting.
- Carbonara pasta isn't the ideal dish for reheating the next day. To make less, you can easily divide this recipe in half.