- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a large bowl, mix granola, wheat germ, sunfl ower seeds, brown sugar, flour and butter. Reserve.
- In another bowl, stir together pears, lemon juice, sugar, cardamom and cornstarch. Pour pear mixture into a square ovenproof dish measuring 20 cm x 20 cm (8 inches x 8 inches). Cover with granola mixture, pressing lightly.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil and continue cooking for 20 minutes, or until top of crumble is golden and pears are cooked.
- Serve with vanilla yogurt or ice milk.
Variation: Vary the fruit according to season, substituting berries, stone fruit or orchard fruit.