Pears poached in red wine
- Peel pears, leaving stems intact. Hollow out with a small spoon starting from the bottom, taking care not to break fruit.
- Place pears in a bowl of lemon water. Bring wine, vanilla, cinnamon, sugar and jam to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add pears and let simmer for about 25 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat, let cool and refrigerate for several hours. When ready to serve, place pears on dessert dishes and boil syrup until reduced by half, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Top cold pears with a thin drizzle of hot syrup and garnish with mint leaves.
- Serve with a selection of homemade chocolate truffles.