- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Stir pecans and cranberries together on a plate. Lightly flour the chicken breasts, shaking off excess flour. Dip chicken into beaten egg and then coat well with pecan- cranberry mixture.
- Place chicken breasts in an oiled ovenproof dish. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the meat is golden on the outside and no longer pink inside. In the meantime, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour and stir constantly for 1 minute. Whisk in milk and cook until mixture thickens and begins to boil. Add cheese and stir until completely melted. Sprinkle with fresh chives and season with salt to taste.
- Serve chicken breasts with this five-pepper sauce.
Variation: Replace pecans by pine nuts and cranberries by dried tomatoes.