- In a large saucepan, bring water, brown sugar, and bay leaves to a boil.
- Place back ribs in pan and return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook for 60 minutes, or until meat easily shreds with a fork. Drain and allow to cool slightly.
- In the meantime, place crushed pineapple, teriyaki sauce, and applesauce in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place ribs in a shallow dish and brush both sides with half of pineapple sauce.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Preheat barbecue to medium-high. Place ribs on oiled grilled. Cook for 5 minutes per side, or until meat is grilled.
- Brush with remaining sauce during cooking. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with grilled pineapple slices.
Variation: For plum teriyaki sauce, replace applesauce and pineapple with plum sauce.