Pineapple upside-down cake
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Grease a 23 cm x 33 cm (9 in x 13 in) baking pan.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon, and then heat until the butter is melted and the mixture smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and cover with pineapple and pecans.
- In a large bowl, cream butter with sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time, incorporating each one before adding next. Add the vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Incorporate one-third of dry ingredients into egg mixture and then half the milk. Repeat steps, finishing with dry ingredients. Add chopped pineapple to batter, and then spread over pineapple in bottom of pan.
- Combine the oats, sugar, and flour in a small bowl. Using your fingertips, mix in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle over the cake batter.
- Bake cake in oven until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, 65 to 70 minutes.
- Run a knife around edges to loosen the cake and gently invert onto a rack to cool. The fruit will be on top of the cake, and the crunchy streusel at the bottom.