Red grapefruit goes wonderfully with seafood. The flavours in this recipe are enhanced
with the dressing and grapefruit segments. It makes for a perfect tangy starter.
- Whisk together garlic and mustard in a bowl.
- Drizzle in olive oil, whisking constantly.
- Whisk in citrus zest and juice.
- Add 15 mL (1 tbsp.) of maple syrup at a time and taste dressing after each spoonful.
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, remove peel and pith from citrus cutting as close as possible to the flesh exposed. Then slide the blade between the thin membranes that separate the segments and delicately free them.
- Place 1 segmented grapefruit and 6 shrimp on each dish.
- Drizzle with red grapefruit dressing, garnish with fresh herbs, and serve as a starter.