- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) with rack in the middle.
- Heat cream in a small bowl in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir in green tea and infuse for 4 minutes. Strain and reserve cream.
- With a hand mixer, cream butter and sugar for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add infused cream and mix. Add eggs and milk.
- Add lemon zest and pistachios, and mix again.
- Mix flour and baking powder together. Incorporate into batter, beating gently at low speed.
- Spread batter into a 10-cm X 20-cm (8-inch X 4-inch) loaf pan.
- Bake in the oven on middle rack for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- In the meantime, bring cream for icing to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and add green tea.
- Steep tea for 4 minutes and then filter into a bowl using a fine-meshed strainer. Add chocolate and let sit 1 minute. Add cheese and beat with hand mixer until icing is smooth. Reserve in the refrigerator.
- Remove cake from oven and allow to cool on a rack.
- Ice cake with green tea icing.
*Chef’s tip: The icing will keep for about a week in the fridge and can be used as a spread.
This recipe is being made available to you as part of My homemade lunch campaign, an initiative of La Tablée des Chefs, presented by IGA in collaboration with the Government of Quebec. Starting August 18th, make a $2 donation in any IGA supermarket to encourage our youth to cook! www.tableedeschefs.org