- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) with rack in the middle.
- Heat cream in a small bowl in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir in green tea and infuse for 4 minutes. Strain and reserve cream.
- With a hand mixer, cream butter and sugar for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add infused cream and mix. Add eggs and milk.
- Add lemon zest and pistachios, and mix again.
- Mix flour and baking powder together. Incorporate into batter, beating gently at low speed.
- Spread batter into a 10-cm X 20-cm (8-inch X 4-inch) loaf pan.
- Bake in the oven on middle rack for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- In the meantime, bring cream for icing to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and add green tea.
- Steep tea for 4 minutes and then filter into a bowl using a fine-meshed strainer. Add chocolate and let sit 1 minute. Add cheese and beat with hand mixer until icing is smooth. Reserve in the refrigerator.
- Remove cake from oven and allow to cool on a rack.
- Ice cake with green tea icing.
*Chef’s tip: The icing will keep for about a week in the fridge and can be used as a spread.
This recipe is courtesy of Tablée des chefs.