- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Pour a few drops of oil into a skillet over medium heat, add the sausage rounds and fry, stirring regularly, until cooked but not too crispy. Set aside.
- Heat the butter in the same skillet and caramelize the onion strips over medium heat for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the pizza shell on a large, lightly oiled baking sheet. Brush on a thin coating of olive oil.
- Place the crème fraîche in a small bowl, add garlic purée, season and mix well.
- Spread the seasoned cream over the pizza shell. Top with the caramelized onion and sausage and sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes. Serve immediately!
If using yellow onions, you can add 5 mL (1 tsp.) of sugar to the skillet to help them caramelize.