- Preheat oven to 200oC (400oF).
- Brown eggplant slices in skillet over high heat, in three batches, using 15 mL (1 tablespoon) olive oil each time. Reserve. Blanch asparagus and rapini. Reserve.
- Place pizza dough on a baking sheet. Brush with dried-tomato pesto, except around the edge. Sprinkle on grated carrots and then garnish with eggplant slices; top with asparagus and rapini. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle grated tofu and cheese overtop and bake pizza for about 20 minutes. To finish baking, broil until cheese and crust reach desired doneness.
- Serve pizza garnished with fresh basil leaves and a splash of hot oil, if desired.
: You can replace the whole-wheat pizza dough by a large round of whole-wheat pita bread.