- Soak planks in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Preheat barbecue at medium-high heat or preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- In a medium saucepan, sweat leeks, shallot, and garlic over medium heat in butter for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cream. Increase heat to medium-high and bring cream to a boil.
- Let simmer and reduce by half, stirring occasionally.
- Season and add herbs. Keep warm.
- Place 2 salmon fillets onto each board and cook on barbecue or in oven for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve salmon with leek sauce and seasonal vegetables.
This recipe is being made available to you as part of My homemade lunch campaign, an initiative of La Tablée des Chefs, presented by IGA in collaboration with the Government of Quebec. Starting August 18th, make a $2 donation in any IGA supermarket to encourage our youth to cook! www.tableedeschefs.org