- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Mix flour and paprika in a bowl. Reserve.
- In a second bowl, beat the 3 eggs and reserve.
- In a third bowl, mix puffed rice and Parmesan, crushing rice by hand to make crumbs. Reserve.
- Blot haddock cubes well; season and place in flour to dredge.
- Dip haddock into beaten egg and then into rice mixture.
- Toss fish to coat well.
- Place haddock on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in oven for about 15 minutes. Turn cubes after 10 minutes to brown evenly.
- In the meantime, prepare tartar sauce.
- Whisk egg yolk and mustard in a bowl to blend well.
- Whisk in a few drops of oil, beating energetically for 30 seconds.
- Continue to add oil in a fine stream, whisking constantly until desired texture obtained.
- Stir in remaining tartar sauce ingredients.
- Remove fish from oven and serve with tartar sauce.
*Chef’s tip: Serve with grilled asparagus.
This recipe is being made available to you as part of My homemade lunch campaign, an initiative of La Tablée des Chefs, presented by IGA in collaboration with the Government of Quebec. Starting August 18th, make a $2 donation in any IGA supermarket to encourage our youth to cook! www.tableedeschefs.org