Grilled Fish and Veggie Noodle Salad from Ricardo
- In a non-stick skillet, brown the onion in 1 tbsp of the oil. Transfer the onion to a large bowl and keep the skillet off the burner.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the noodles. Remove the pot from the heat and let the noodles soak until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and rinse the noodles under cold running water. With scissors, cut the noodles into random-size lengths.
- Mix the noodles, carrot, cucumber, cilantro, mirin, soy sauce, vinegar and sambal oelek with the browned onions. Toss well.
- In the reserved skillet, brown the fish in the remaining oil until cooked to the desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the noodle salad among the serving plates. Garnish with the avocado and tomatoes. Serve with a piece of fish.