- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- In a large Dutch oven, heat oil and butter over medium-high heat. Season pork with salt and pepper on all sides. Place meat in the pan and sear for about 2 minutes per side.
- Add beef broth, mushroom sauce, bouquet garni and shallots. Bring to a boil. Cover and place in the oven to cook for 2 hours.
- Add Brussels sprouts, carrots and beans and continue cooking for 1 hour or until vegetables are tender and meat pulls apart easily with a fork.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.
To make a bouquet garni, tie a few celery leaves, a bay leaf, and several sprigs of parsley, thyme and rosemary together with a string. This easy seasoning will flavour any soup or stew.