Pork burgers with bbq sauce from Josée di Stasio
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high.
- In a skillet over high heat, fry bacon until crispy. Pat dry and set aside.
- Combine all BBQ sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Mix the pork, chopped bacon, spicy sauce, salt, pepper together in a bowl.
- Lightly oil hands and form 4 patties, 10 cm (4 in.) in diameter. Do not handle the meat too much.
- Lightly oil the barbecue grill and cook patties about 4 minutes per side, brushing with BBQ sauce.
- Add cheese at the midway point.
- Grill bread 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Spread with mayonnaise, top with some lettuce leaves, onion slices, and pepper strips, if using. Serve burgers with a salad.
*You can grill the pepper strips and onion slices at the same time as the burgers, mixing them beforehand with a little olive oil and salt.