- Preheat barbecue to high.
- In a bowl, combine cherries, half the shallot, basil, and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the ground porc, remaining shallot, egg, and breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Shape meat into six patties, about 2.5 cm (1 inch) thick. Insert a cube of brie into the centre of each patty, making sure it's enclosed so the cheese doesn't run during cooking.
- Cook patties on a pre-oiled barbecue grill about 3 minutes per side or until meat is well cooked and reaches an internal temperature of 70°C (160°F). In the meantime, heat the English muffins on the upper grill for 1 or 2 minutes.
- On a work surface, open the English muffins. Spread one half with mayonnaise. Place a patty on the halves spread with mayonnaise and then top with well strained cherry salsa. Garnish with the basil leaves and close the burger. Serve with a green salad.
Replace cherries with pieces of prune, and the brie with goat cheese.