Pork burgers with onion compote and creamy chiffonade
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté onions in the butter until translucent. Add wine and apricot jelly and bring to a boil. Reduceheat to medium and simmer until liquid has completely evaporated, about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the pork, egg, and coriander. Season to taste.
- Shape mixture into 4 equal patties and set aside.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high.
- To prepare the chiffonade, mix lettuce, apple, and coriander in a large bowl. To prepare the vinaigrette, mix together the oil, mustard, and lemon juice. Toss chiffonade with vinaigrette.
- Cook patties on lower barbecue grill for about 3 to 4 minutes per side, turning only once. At the end of cooking, place cheese slices on the patties and lightly toast the ciabatta rolls on the grill.
- Serve burgers on the ciabatta rolls garnished with onion compote and chiffonade.