Pork chops with fennel seed and sautéed mushrooms from Stefano Faita
Pork chops with fennel seed
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper, and coat well with fennel seed and garlic. Brush chops with olive oil.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Grill pork chops 4 or 5 minutes per side.
- Cook until centre is still pinkish, about 4 or 5 more minutes depending on thickness of chops.
- Serve with sautéed mushrooms and grilled vegetables.
- Soak dried mushrooms in boiling water for 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat until butter becomes foamy.
- Add all the mushrooms and garlic. Season with salt and stir with a wooden spoon until mushrooms start to sweat, about 2 or 3 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high and continue sautéeing about 5 minutes. When the liquid evaporates and the mushrooms start to brown, stir quickly to help them brown well; continue cooking 2 to 4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and mix mushrooms with parsley and lemon juice, season with salt and pepper to taste, if you like.