- Place grill in the bottom of the oven. Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F).
- Heat oil in a stewpot over high heat and brown pork on all sides. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the same pot, sauté onions, garlic, celery, carrots, and pancetta for 8 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and continue cooking 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, finishing with the browned pork leg.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and cook in the oven for 3 hours.
The meat is cooked when you can easily detach it from the bone with a fork.