- Preheat oven to 160˚C (325˚F).
- Season pork with salt and pepper all over. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over high heat, and brown meat on both sides.
- Reserve. Add garlic and onions, and sauté for 5 minutes, or until onion is lightly golden.
- Add pork, white wine, chicken stock, tomatoes, sugar, oregano and sage.
- Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cover and bake in the oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until meat is tender and pulls apart easily with a fork.
- To serve, sprinkle with oregano, sage and lemon zest mixture and accompany by buttered orzo with Parmesan.
: Replace white wine by orange juice, lemon rind by orange rind, and sage and oregano by fresh basil and thyme.