- Heat oil in a large saucepan and sear pork, browning well. Add onions, carrots, garlic, thyme sprigs, and bay leaf. Pour in water; bring to a boil and let simmer over low heat for about 3 hours. Then remove pork from saucepan and strain braising liquid. Keep liquid warm in a saucepan over low heat. Reserve braised meat.
- Heat the 45 mL (3 tbsp.) of remaining oil in a large saucepan and gently fry onion and squash for 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add rice, garlic, and thyme leaves. Stir well and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add about 250 mL (1 cup) hot braising liquid, stirring until all of liquid is absorbed.
- Repeat step 4, stirring often, until all the braising liquid is used. Continue cooking rice until tender.
- Shred pork and add to risotto.
- At the last minute, add Parmesan, goat cheese, lemon zest, arugula, and fresh herbs. Stir well, until cheese melts.
- Adjust seasoning if needed.
This recipe is being made available to you as part of My homemade lunch campaign, an initiative of La Tablée des Chefs, presented by IGA in collaboration with the Government of Quebec. Starting August 18th, make a $2 donation in any IGA supermarket to encourage our youth to cook! www.tableedeschefs.org