Pork Roast Braised with Bell Peppers
- In a large frying pan, heat 15 mL (1 tablespoon) olive oil and brown the meat on all sides over medium-high heat.
- Place the meat in a deep oven dish. In the frying pan, sauté the bacon over high heat. Arrange the bacon around the roast and discard the grease. Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan and sauté the peppers, mushrooms and onions until the onions turn golden brown.
- Arrange the vegetables around the roast. Deglaze the pan with the white wine and thoroughly scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Pour the resulting sauce over the roast.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over the roast and vegetables. Roast in a 325°F (160°C) oven for 2 hours. Turn the roast over half-way through the cooking time and add some water to keep the sauce from evaporating.
- When the roast is done, remove it from the oven, cover and let sit for 10 to 15 minutes before carving. Serve with fresh pasta.