Port and armagnac foie gras with honey-glazed ground cherries
- Heat a small knife and use it to gently pry the fois gras out of container in one piece.
- Still using a heated knife, slice the fois gras into 10 to 12 rounds. Refrigerate.
- In a small skillet, bring honey to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and incorporate the butter to stop the honey from cooking.
- Add the ground cherries and stir to coat with honey. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until hot, but not bursting. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place 10 to 12 crisps on a work surface, place a round of fois gras on each one and top with a glazed ground cherry.
- Garnish with a drizzle of honey sauce, a few grains of fleur de sel, and fresh ground pepper.
- Serve immediately.