- Combine all marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
- Remove the mushroom stems and gently clean mushrooms.
- Place mushrooms and zucchini in marinade. Leave for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high. Clean and oil the grill.
- Drain mushrooms and zucchini and then grill 4 or 5 minutes, turning them often.
- Garnish the inside of each mushroom with 2 slices Paillot goat cheese and allow to melt.
- Grill bread about 1 minute per side.
- Spread inside of bread with a little Dijon or mayonnaise, if using.
- Place a stuffed mushroom and 2 or 3 slices of grilled zucchini on the bottom half of each bun. Add a spoonful of red pepper compote and garnish with a basil leaf.
- 10. Cover with top half of bun and serve.
Portobello mushrooms are usually fairly clean, so avoid soaking them since they'll absorb too much water. Just brush them lightly or quickly rinse them with water.
An excellent source of potassium and riboflavin, mushrooms are packed with essential nutrients for the maintenance of good health.