- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Pierce potatoes a few times with a fork.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for about 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for a few minutes until cool enough to handle.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and gently scoop out inside (taking care not to break skins), leaving just skins and a thin layer of potato. Set skins aside.
- Mash scooped-out potato in a bowl.
- Add bacon, green onion, cream, and grated Oka cheese. Salt and pepper to taste. Blend thoroughly.
- Stuff potato skins with mixture until slightly overflowing.
- Reduce heat to 180°C (350°F) and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve as a side dish.
If you want to use the barbecue, pierce potatoes and then wrap them in lightly oiled aluminum foil. Cook on top barbecue rack on high for 35 to 45 minutes or until tender. Let cool and follow steps 4 to 8. Then place stuffed potatoes on top barbecue rack and cook for another 15 minutes on medium-high.
To save time, you can microwave whole potatoes on high for 5 to 6 minutes after piercing the skins with a fork. Once potatoes are cooked, let them cool for a few minutes.
This recipe can be prepared up to two days in advance.