Vanilla & cream cheese chicken
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Soften cream cheese for 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Mix together softened cream cheese, parsley, and vanilla extract in a bowl. Season with salt to taste.
- Place the chicken on a cutting board and gently slide your fingers under the skin to detach it from flesh, including the thighs. In places that are more difficult to reach, make a small incision as needed.
- Place spoonfuls of cheese mixture under skin, slide and spread it out by rubbing the outside of the skin.
- Transfer chicken to a roasting pan, uncovered.
- Bake about 90 minutes, or until meat thermometer indicates internal temperature of 82°C (180°F).
- Serve with basmati rice and almonds, and with roasted root vegetables.