Provence-Style Braised Lamb Shanks
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- In a casserole pot or large skillet, brown bacon in oil with pearl onions and garlic for 5 to 7 minutes over medium-high heat until bacon is crisp. Add salt and ground pepper to taste. Remove mixture from pot and set aside.
- Sear lamb shanks in bacon fat in pot over high heat for 5 to 7 minutes. Add reserved bacon mixture.
- Deglaze with red wine. Reduce for 3 minutes. Add demi-glace, tomatoes, olives, herbs and bouquet garni.
- Cover and braise in oven for 3 hours.
- Serve with fettuccine, zucchini and steamed carrots.