- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Mix flour and paprika in a bowl. Reserve.
- In a second bowl, beat the 3 eggs and reserve.
- In a third bowl, mix puffed rice and Parmesan, crushing rice by hand to make crumbs. Reserve.
- Blot haddock cubes well; season and place in flour to dredge.
- Dip haddock into beaten egg and then into rice mixture.
- Toss fish to coat well.
- Place haddock on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in oven for about 15 minutes. Turn cubes after 10 minutes to brown evenly.
- In the meantime, prepare tartar sauce.
- Whisk egg yolk and mustard in a bowl to blend well.
- Whisk in a few drops of oil, beating energetically for 30 seconds.
- Continue to add oil in a fine stream, whisking constantly until desired texture obtained.
- Stir in remaining tartar sauce ingredients.
- Remove fish from oven and serve with tartar sauce.
*Chef’s tip: Serve with grilled asparagus.
This recipe is courtesy of Tablée des chefs.