- Preheat barbecue to high, approximately 290 °C (550 °F).
- Finely chop shallot and mint. Set aside 30 mL (2 tbsp.) of mint and place the rest in a large bowl with shallot.
- Add beef, egg, breadcrumbs, paprika and garlic. Mix well. Season generously with pepper and add a pinch of salt.
- Shape four patties with your hands, pressing to ensure they hold together while grilling.
- Place patties on barbecue grid and cook covered for 8 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- While patties cook, slice cucumber and radish. Place in a medium-sized bowl. Add remaining mint, arugula, oil and vinegar and stir well to combine.
- One minute before patties are done, heat buns on the grid, cut-side down.
- Spread yogurt over bun bottoms, add patties and garnish with arugula salad. Serve.
Patties keep for up to 3 days in the fridge or 3 months in the freezer.
Did you know the meat department offers Quebec-raised beef? Just keep an eye out for the “Aliments du Québec” logo on packaging.
Photography credit : Marine Le Berre