This recipe is courtesy of Quebec Certified Grain-Fed Veal.
- Place oven rack in middle and preheat oven to broil.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over high heat.
- Cook cutlets 30 seconds per side to brown breading.
- Place cutlets on a parchment-lined baking sheet and add about 60 mL (¼ cup) tomato sauce over each cutlet.
- Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- Top with 125 mL (½ cup) cheese blend over each cutlet.
- Broil for 2 to 3 minutes, or until cheese turns golden brown.
- Serve with vegetables, risotto, or your choice of pasta.
To make your own tomato sauce, sauté your choice of finely chopped vegetables (onions, garlic, celery, carrots, and sweet bell peppers) in olive oil and use a can of crushed Italian tomatoes for a smoother texture. Simmer over medium heat until desired consistency, or 15 to 20 minutes, and season to taste (salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and basil). Freeze any leftover sauce.