- Preheat barbecue at medium-high.
- In a bowl, mix pistachios, brown sugar and allspice. Reserve. Season lamb chops on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Oil barbecue rack and lay chops on top. Grill for 2 minutes per side.
- Spoon 5 mL (1 tsp.) pistachio mixture onto each chop. Close barbecue lid and continue cooking for 2 minutes or until topping is somewhat caramelized.
- Transfer chops from grill to a serving plate and sprinkle with fresh mint. Serve with lentil and rice pilaf and store-bought tzatziki.
VARIATION: Omit brown sugar and add 60 mL (1/4 cup) finely chopped dried apricots to the pistachios and allspice. Spoon 5 mL (1 tsp.) of honey onto each chop and then top with pistachio mixture. Grill for 2 minutes with the lid closed.